About the Park School PTA
Why Do We Have a PTA?
- To enrich the experience children have at Park School
- To increase parent involvement in the school
- To provide support for teachers
- To act as an advocate for our children
- To communicate to parents and the community
PTA Programs and Services
The Park PTA organizes, funds and staffs numerous programs and services at Park School that support the teachers, enrich the students’ experience, and enhance the Park School community, including:
Teacher Support and School Site Improvement:
- School Supplies: the PTA purchases supplies for classrooms, garden, playground, P.E., library and more!
- Birthday Book Program: this PTA-run program enables the Library to acquire new books each year
- Safety and Health Programs: crossing guards, playground supervision, lice checks, green initiatives, and more, are organized and provided by the PTA
- Assemblies and Author Visits: the PTA provides educational assemblies and visits by beloved authors and illustrators each year
- Oceans Month: the PTA assists with oceans-related class projects, and the Oceans assembly with the Banana Slug String Band
- Science with Camilla: PTA funds regular visits by Camilla Barry, our amazing science teacher, to grades K-3
- Book Fair: an annual event that encourages a life-long love of reading and books
- Science & Math Night: an annual event celebrating experimentation and science
Community Building Programs:
The PTA recruits and organizes parent volunteers at Park School, both to organize and staff our many PTA programs, and to help in the classroom, playground and with other school needs. We encourage all family members to volunteer at school. Whether you have a few hours to spare or many, or whether you’d like to work at school or volunteer from home or the office, there is likely to be a position that will fit your needs. To find out the opportunities available, or to sign up on-line, visit the How to Get Involved Overview.
The PTA provides parents with the majority of the information they receive about news and events at Park School. The PTA provides information in the following ways:
- Park eWeekly: an email update of Park news and events, published every Thursday
- Park School Website: this website is maintained the PTA
- Park School Yearbook
PTA General Meetings are held most months to discuss school issues and vote on PTA matters. All are invited to attend the meetings, but only PTA Members may vote. Coffee Cart is held every Thursday morning on the playground after drop off, for parents to get together informally and learn about school news.
PTA Membership and Donations
- Join the PTA to have a voice in how the PTA uses its financial and volunteer resources at Park School
- Donate to the PTA and find out more about how the PTA funds its programs and services