If you answer yes to the questions below, this book is probably an easy book for you. Practice reading it with expression.
1. Have you read it several times before?
2. Do you understand the story very well?
3. Do you know (and understand) almost every word?
4. Is it a smooth ride?
Just Right Books
If you answer yes to the questions below, this book is probably a just right book for you. You can do the “five finger test” to check. You should read these books most often to become a better reader.
1. Is this book new for you?
2. Do you understand most of the book?
3. Are there just a few words in the book you don’t know?
4. When you read, is it a smooth ride in most places and a little bumpy in the rest?Dessert Books
If you answer yes to the questions below, this book is probably challenging for you right now. Read it with someone else or browse the pictures. Set a goal to read it in the future as a just right book.
1. Are there a lot of words you don’t know?
2. Are you confused about what is happening in the book?
3. Is it a bumpy ride?