KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATIONA child born on/before 9/1/2014 is eligible for 2019-20 Kindergarten.Important: You can begin the online registration process as soon as you are physically living full-time in the Mill Valley School District. Simply owning property or holding a lease does not qualify as residency.To register for 2019-20 Kindergarten (or other grades), there are four steps:
1.Fill out the required Online Registration Form: Online Form InstructionsThis must be done at least 48 hours prior to your Registration appointment. 2.Print and complete applicable, additional forms (see below) 3.
Collect all necessary documentation (see below) in preparation for your Registration appointment at the Mill Valley School District Office, 411 Sycamore Ave. (ground level, west end of the Mill Valley Middle School building).
Schedule a Registration Appointment by contacting Leni Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-389-7712. A parent/guardian must show up to the Registration Appointment to submit and sign appropriate forms.
Read the FAQ School Placement
What to Bring?
Additional Registration Forms
There are up to 4 registration forms to be completed in addition to your online registration. The first form must be completed and brought to your Registration Appointment. A record reflecting complete immunization can be brought to your registration appointment or can be submitted to the district office by June 1.
- Declaration of Residency Lessee Supplemental Form (for renters only)
- Proof of Immunization - (See below)
- Health Form To be completed by child's doctor. Physical exam for 2019-20 registrants must be done after March 1, 2019.
- Oral Health Assessment Form. Dental exam must be done any time after September 1, 2018.
Proof of Age
Students in all grades must have an original or certified (county seal) copy of their birth certificate or a passport.
Proof of ImmunizationPlease provide your current Immunization Record from your child's doctor, listing all immunizations to date, even if it does not include 5 year old shots. Alternately, you may provide a letter from your physician regarding medical exceptions. For information regarding conditional admissions, please contact the nurse directly.Note: By California state law, a child will not be able to attend school without proof of current immunizations.
Proofs of Residency
1. One Required: At least one of the following documents showing the name and address of the parent, guardian or caregiver within the district:
a. A copy of the deed, or
b. A copy of the most recent mortgage statement, or
c. A fully executed copy of the lease/rental agreement.
2. One Required: In addition to #1 at least one utility service contract, statement, or payment receipt dated within thirty (30) days of registration documents showing the name and address of the parent, guardian or caregiver within the district. Acceptable bills include:
- Marin Municipal Water District
- Mill Valley Refuse/Tamalpais Community Services District/or other local refuse agency serving residences within district boundaries
- Comcast (cable TV)/Direct TV
- Landline telephone (cell and long-distance service not accepted).
3. Two Required: In addition to #1 and #2 above, at least two of the following documents showing the name and address of the parent, guardian or caregiver within the district:
a. Valid California Driver's License,
b. Current Vehicle Registration card,
c. W-2 form dated within the past year,
d. Property tax bill/payment receipts dated within the past year,
e. Correspondence from a government agency or Public Assistance
documents dated within the past year,
f. Bank or credit card statement dated within the past forty five (45) days,
g. Dental or medical bill dated within the past forty five (45) days.
Your child cannot be registered unless he/she is a current resident of the Mill Valley School District and we have received all of the documents listed above.
If you just moved to the District and would like to register your child for this current (2018-19) school year CLICK HERE.