Support MVMS's ONLY school fundraising event:
Your PTSA raises money to fund many important school programs and services, including:
- Books and furniture for the MVMS library
- Classroom supplies
- Teacher mini-grants
- Technology apps
- Social/emotional programs
- "Community First" outreach programs
- Equipment for sports teams
- The yearbook
- Health education
- Parent education
- The WEB ("We Each Belong") program
- Teacher appreciation
- Emergency prep
- Parent/daughter and parent/son dances, plus
- The 8th Grade ropes course, and more...
What Is "Off To The Races"?
At MVMS we like to involve the WHOLE family in our fundraising efforts!
All MVMS students are eligible to receive a mechanical animal by selling raffle tickets* to friends, family and neighbors. All sold tickets go into the draw for one of two grand prizes:
1. An iPad Pro (10.5", Wi-fi connectivity, 256GB storage), with
- Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones
- Apple Pencil, and
- Smart Keyboard
2. An Apple Watch Series 4, with
- GPS + Cellular
- Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Nike Sport Loop
Raffle winners will be drawn on Monday, November 5.
* A minimum of 10 raffle tickets must be sold by each student to be eligible for an animal to compete in the races.
Ticket Sales and Collections
Sold ticket stubs and unsold tickets will be collected during lunchtimes on October 15, 16, 22, 23 and 29. Mechanical animals will be distributed to students who have sold a minimum of 10 raffle tickets: pigs to 6th graders, panther kittens to 7th graders and "top dogs" to 8th graders. Additional raffle tickets can be picked up the same dates.
The top three raffle ticket sellers will also win prizes:
1st Place - Warriors Experience
2nd Place - Nintendo Switch
3rd Place - Fandango Gift Card
Plus, there will be parties for the top three selling Panther Time classes, and Assistant Principal Mark Nelson has again agreed to be the target of a pie throwing contest!
The deadline for ticket sales and money collection is Monday, October 29.
Off And Racing!
Grade-level races will be held during lunchtimes on October 18, 19, 25 and 26. The Grand Prix Race will be held on Friday, November 2.
Join In The Fun - And Volunteer!
If you haven't seen Off To The Races, you should definitely come and check it out! We need parent volunteers to hold the races, so please sign up to help.
Please contact Gaby Dominguez / Erin Ceynar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May the best animal win!