Welcome to the 2019-20 school year and Math 8 Academic Workshop!
This class meets four times weekly during Period 6.
The goals of Math 8 Academic Workshop course include:
- Improving math skills
- Applying math and problem solving
- Supporting the primary Math 8 class
- Building enthusiasm
- Assignment Completion
This class is a combination of lessons, online learning activities, and assignment support. Aside from classwork activities, no additional homework will be given in this class. Math workshop is capped for a smaller class size where individual attention can be given. There are often students on a waiting list hoping for a Workshop opening to become available. Expectations are high and students will be evaluated on their ability to:
- Come to class prepared with math binder, calculator, materials, and homework
- Complete warm-up problems and make progress toward daily goals
- Ask questions and get help on problems or concepts
- Complete weekly online lessons (dreambox app or other)
- Participate, cooperate, and take educational risks
- Complete primary Math 8 assignments in class when time is allotted
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
I’m looking forward to a great year. Math Workshop First Day Letter
My best, Lorenz Marti