Face masks are required to be worn properly at all times by all individuals on the school campus, indoors or outdoors. This applies to all students grades K-5, all staff, and any visitors on campus over the age of 2, unless exempted.
- Masks must be worn over ears or tied. No "gators," bandanas or masks with valves.
- Make sure that your child’s mask fits snugly against their face. Gaps can let air with respiratory droplets leak in and out around the edges of the mask.
- If the mask has a good fit, you will feel warm air come through the front of the mask and may be able to see the mask material move in and out with each breath.
- Choose a mask with layers to keep respiratory droplets in and other people's out. A mask with two layers will stop more respiratory droplets getting inside the mask or escaping from the mask, if a person is sick.
- Face coverings shall not be required for students or staff if there is a medical or behavioral reason for not wearing a face covering.
- Students who need a break from their face mask may do so with teacher permission provided social distancing is maintained outdoors, not indoors.
- If a student refuses to wear a face covering, the teacher will direct the student to put their face covering on and will offer a safe mask break if needed. If the student continues to refuse to wear a face covering the site administrator will be notified. The following steps will be taken:
- The student will be directed to move to a safe space outdoors.
- A mask break will be recommended.
- Reasons for wearing a mask will be explained.
- If refusal to wear a mask continues, the parent/caregiver will be contacted to collect their child.