Frequent hand hygiene is one of the most important preventative practices to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and will be encouraged at school. Hand hygiene stations will be accessible on campus. Students and staff will be required to wash or sanitize their hands upon arrival to school each day before entering the classroom. Time for hand hygiene will be scheduled throughout the day including before eating and before returning to the classroom after recess.
Five steps to proper handwashing:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
How to use hand sanitizer:
- Apply the hand sanitizer to the palm of one hand (read the label to learn the correct amount).
- Rub your hands together.
- Rub the sanitizer over all the surfaces of your hands and fingers until your hands are dry. This should take around 20 seconds.