Student COVID-19 Surveillance Testing
We are committed to adding an additional layer of safety through surveillance testing for our Mill Valley Learners. By signing up to participate, families had the opportunity to receive targeted email reminders for surveillance testing at Mill Valley Middle School each Monday and Tuesday starting February 1st in slots based on their last name, alphabetically.
Below is a Student Surveillance Testing Schedule. If you signed up to have your child/children participate in this process, please have your child tested during their assigned week based on their last name. If you would like to join the Student Surveillance Testing program, please sign up here. We have developed this protocol to ensure students in our classrooms are monitoring for COVID-19 regularly. In addition to your daily symptom check and health screening response, please adhere to this schedule for surveillance testing.
Testing may be sought through medical providers. Additionally, testing is available each Monday (starting in February) and Tuesday at the Mill Valley Middle School gym. Please see your quadrant dates below based on your child’s last name.
Beginning February 1st, 25% of students will test each week.
Quadrant 1 (Last Name A-E) Testing Dates
- February 1 - 5
- March 1-5
- March 29-April 2
- April 26-30
- May 24-28
Quadrant 3 (Last Name M-S) Testing Dates
- February 16-19
- March 15-19
- April 12-16
- May 10-14
- June 7-11
Quadrant 2 (Last Name F-L) Testing Dates
- February 8-12
- March 8-12
- April 5-9
- May 3-7
- June 1-4
Quadrant 4 (Last Name T-Z) Testing Dates
- February 22-26
- March 22-26
- April 19-23
- May 17-21
* Consult your healthcare provider at any time to request testing if you are symptomatic.
* If you have a positive test result, contact your principal immediately. Do not enter our campuses.
How to Participate
- Sign up for the Student Surveillance Testing Program (if you have not already). You will receive reminders via ParentSquare prior to your child's quadrant weeks.
- Register for a testing appointment with PMH Laboratory at MVMS.
- Attend your appointment.
- Receive your results (within 72 business hours of lab receiving test).
- If negative, attend school. If posivite, contact your principal.