2020 Distance Learning Trimester 3
Procedures and Guidelines for Señora Iyer’s Spanish 2 Classroom
Zoom Chats / Office Hours
- Mondays: 1:00-2:30
- Wednesdays: 1:00-1:30
- Fridays: 9:00-10:30
All students are expected to meet in a group Zoom with me for 30 minutes each week to participate in a speaking activity. Students sign up ahead of time, and the sign-up sheet and speaking prompt is posted in Google Classroom by 8:00 AM Monday mornings. One-on-one Zoom office hours can also be scheduled. Email me to set up a time and/or email me anytime if you have questions!
- Week at a Glance--The weekly schedule/horario is posted in Google Classroom by 8:00 AM Monday mornings. The schedule lays out the week’s lesson objectives, timeline of assignments, due dates, and quizzes. The schedule also has accompanying videos, links, and supplemental resources.
- Assignments--There are 4 assignments each week, including one Zoom speaking session and one potential quiz. Each assignment has a due date. Assignments are posted in Google Classroom by 8:00 AM the morning before they are due.
Distance Learning Apps and Platforms
We are using
- Google Classroom
- SeeSaw / Balancín
- Fluency Matters El nuevo Houdini E-course
- Digital Scholastic Magazines
Grading, Due Dates, and Turn In Procedures
- Each of the weekly 4 assignments should take around 30 minutes. If you are spending more than 30 minutes on any given assignment, please turn in what you have completed and email me letting me know.
- All assignments have a due date. Due dates are posted on the weekly schedule and in Google Classroom. Always ‘Mark as Done’ in Classroom when you have completed an assignment. This will keep you organized.
- Scores and credit for assignments are posted in Aeries Gradebook.
Spanish 2 Snapshot
¡Adelante, siempre adelante! Spanish 2 will continue to use a variety of sources to develop strong language skills in reading, listening, writing and speaking. We will focus on the Sweet 16--high-frequency verbs--in the present and preterite tense. Our mini-novela, El nuevo Houdini, will re-introduce a familiar character from first year Spanish. It will reinforce the preterite tense and present new advanced verb tenses and grammatical concepts. We will finish the school year by revisiting sticky grammar structures like direct and indirect object pronouns, ser vs estar, gustar, and tener expressions.