Strawberry Point School of Rock Variety Show:
Saturday, March 16th at 4:00 in the MPR
2019 Variety Show Information
- All students interested in performing should fill out the Variety Show Form as soon as possible. All student performers must attend both the Act Review and Dress Rehearsal.
- Sign Up online here: Sign Up Form
- Acts must be two minutes or less long.
- Material must be age appropriate and approved by the Variety Show Committee. NO FOUL LANGUAGE, NO AGE INAPPROPRIATE LYRICS.
- Parents must submit a MP3 music file by the Act Review. All singing acts should submit a karaoke version of the song. No lip syncing is allowed.
- Each student may be in up to two acts, but only one solo.
- Each Act will sign up for a 15-minute slot to try the act out on stage and discuss music and props with the Variety show team.
- Students will receive coaching to help the act come together.
- Acts will be reviewed for age appropriate material.
- Act Reviews (Each act should sign up for one 15 minute slot) February 27, February 28, March 6 or March 7. Act Review Signup
- MCs must be in 5th grade. There will be two head MCs to announce the acts and several slots for MC skit performers.
- MCs cannot perform in other Variety Show acts.
- To sign up for an MC, please complete the Variety Show form. Slots are limited. Please sign up early if you are interested.
- The dress rehearsals will be a final run through of the show on March 13 and March 15 from 2:45 - 4:45
- Each act only needs to attend one day of the dress rehearsal.
- The exact dress rehearsal schedule will be sent to parents after the Act Review.
Parents, we always need volunteers for the day: Signup to volunteer
Wow, that’s a lot of information! What if I still have questions?
Please email Rachel Carlin at firstname.lastname@example.org