Room 84A – Grades 6, 7 & 8
415-389-7711 ext. 2784
Welcome to MVMS Physical Education! Our goal is to get students excited about moving while providing them with the knowledge and skills they will need to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Throughout the year, we will explore different ways to exercise, which will include strength and cardiovascular endurance training as well as individual, dual and team sports. Students will learn how to design realistic fitness goals and monitor their progress as they work towards realizing their potential. They will also have the opportunity to more fully develop the interpersonal skills needed for successful social development by participating in teambuilding and cooperative activities. It’s going to be a great year! Please read on for more information and highlights.
Materials and Supplies
- MVMS P.E. shirts and shorts (may be purchased at T & B Sports)
- Athletic shoes with laces, and socks
- Sweatshirt/pants for inclement weather (suggested)
- Walking Field Trip form (allows the class to walk to neighboring parks during P.E.)
Units of Study
Sports Skills - Flag Football Volleyball Soccer Frisbee Cooperative Games
Basketball Team Handball Hockey Badminton
Physical Fitness - Students in all grades will work on developing individualized fitness plans.
Team Building Activities
Kiddo Yoga Program (all grades)
Safe Routes to School (grade 6)
California Fitnessgram (grade 7)
Students will earn daily points for the following:
1 point for being prepared for class (dressed out and on time)
2 points for participating in class activities and completing in-class assignments
1 point for demonstrating a positive attitude: teamwork, sportsmanship and cooperation
THINK ATTITUDE, EFFORT AND PARTICIPATION!
- Students will be respectful to their teachers and each other, following directions and participating safely in class activities.
- Students will put forth their best effort in the areas of behavior and participation during each class.
- Students who forget their P.E. uniforms will borrow a loaner and return it promptly after the period ends.
- Students who are unable to participate in PE will bring a written note signed and dated by a parent/guardian, which will be good for up to three days. For longer periods, a doctor’s note is required.
- Students will have fun!