Please notify the office by 9:30 a.m. if your child will be absent from school by calling 389-7711 . The absence must be recorded on the Absence Hotline even if teacher has been notified.
    If a child becomes ill at school, the parent or authorized relative, friend or neighbor (indicated on the child’s emergency card) will be called to arrange to take the student home.
    Please keep students at home if the child is contagious or a fever is present. A child with a fever may not return to school until he/she has been fever-free for at least 24 hours without the aid of fever-reducing medications.  If antibiotics have been prescribed, do not let your child return to school until 24 hours after the first dose has been administered.
    Courtesy to other students and the staff and the California State Health Code require that all communicable diseases be reported to the school office immediately.
    Every parent wants his or her child to be happy and healthy. Learning the facts about various health concerns is key to this common effort.
    Welcome to the new school year! We want to be sure your child is prepared for the upcoming school year.  On the first day of school, your student will be sent home with what we call "The First Day Packet".  There will be an Emergency Card which needs to be completed and returned to school as soon as possible. On that card please include any important medical information about your child.  In addition to completing the Emergency Card, 

    If your child has health concerns there are other documents which are required(not included in the First Day Packet). We are providing links to these documents for you to print out, have a doctor complete, sign and return to the school office.

    If your child needs to have medication at school, the Medication Authorization Form must be completed, signed by your child's physician and by the parent/guardian and brought to the school office with the medication as soon as possible. (In some cases, when a student must carry an EPI Pen or inhaler with them, the student must also sign.)  Students with a signed form may carry EPI Pen or Inhaler, all other medications are kept in the office.

    Also, if your child has: 

    ...you must have your doctor also complete an Action Plan.  Please click on the appropriate link(s) and print out the Action Plan, bring it to the doctor to complete and sign-then bring the document to your school office.  If your child has Severe Allergies and Asthma, please complete both. While we need to have the medication and medication authorization form in the office ASAP, however, we are extending the deadline for submission of the Action Plan to the end of September each year.  

    *Please note, even if you submitted these documents and medications to school last year, no medications were kept on campus over the summer.  Medications (that have not expired) and the required documents need to be signed by your doctor with a current date in order to be accepted.  All medications must be brought in their original container.  The school is legally not allowed to dispense any medication without parent/doctor authorization (including Tylenol, Advil or any other over-the-counter medications).  Students may not carry over-the-counter medications.  If you would like the office to keep Tylenol for your child, for example, you must bring in the Tylenol, in its original container, along with the signed Medication Authorization Form.

    If you need further assistance, please contact the District Nurse, Nancy Nakae, RN at 415-389-7768.