PARCEL TAX RENEWAL
In 2008, Mill Valley residents approved a vital parcel tax measure that provides local funds to support the experienced teachers and quality academic programs in our district. This parcel tax accounts for approximately 20% of the district’s budget, and is set to expire soon. Measure E, a straight renewal of the existing parcel tax measure, will be on the ballot in November.
What Does the Parcel Tax Support?
- Attracting and keeping skilled, qualified teachers
- Keeping school libraries open
- Maintaining relatively small class sizes
- Protecting physical education classes
- Ensuring access to qualified and trained counselors
Details of Measure E Parcel Tax Renewal
- Funds will continue to be kept local and used exclusively for Mill Valley elementary and middle schools
- Funds will continue to be tracked separately and are subject to strict fiscal controls, including independent annual audits
- Measure E is a straight renewal of the existing parcel tax, including the funding structure and cost of living escalator