About the Park School PTA
Why Do We Have a PTA?
- To enrich the experience children have at Park School
- To increase parent involvement in the school
- To provide support for teachers
- To act as an advocate for our children
- To communicate to parents and the community
PTA Programs and Services
The Park PTA organizes, funds and staffs numerous programs and services at Park School that support the teachers, enrich the students’ experience, and enhance the Park School community, including:
Teacher Support and School Site Improvement:
- School Supplies: the PTA purchases supplies for classrooms, garden, playground, P.E., library and more
- Birthday Book Program: this PTA-run program enables the Library to acquire new books each year
- Safety and Health Programs: crossing guards, playground supervision, green initiatives, emergency prep and more, are organized and provided by the PTA
- Assemblies and Author Visits: the PTA provides educational assemblies and visits by beloved authors and illustrators each year
- Oceans Month: the PTA assists with oceans-related class projects, and the Oceans Assembly featuring the Banana Slug String Band
- Book Fair: an annual event that encourages a life-long love of reading and books
- Science Night: an annual event celebrating experimentation and science
- Math Night: First ever Math night celebrating family, fun and MATH
Community Building Events:
Volunteering - What is your ONE thing?
Park School offers families countless opportunities for volunteer participation. Regardless of whether you have 1 hour or 100 to volunteer, if you prefer to work at school or volunteer from home of the office, we NEED you. In your CLASS. In your SCHOOL.
This year at Park, we will emphasize “What is the ‘ONE thing’ you will do for your child’s CLASS and what is the ‘ONE thing’ you will do for your child’s school?” Start thinking and visit our "Get Involved" tab to learn more about the numbeous volunteering opportunites at Park School. And see where these Park Parents have volunteered their time: What's Your ONE Thing?
The PTA provides parents with the majority of the information they receive about news and events at Park School. The PTA provides information in the following ways:
PTA General Meetings are held most months to discuss school issues and vote on PTA matters. All are invited to attend the meetings, but only PTA Members may vote. Coffee Cart is held every Thursday morning on the upper playground after drop off, for parents to get together informally and learn about school news.
PTA Membership and Donations
- PTA Packet Online: Donate to the PTA and join the PTA to have a voice in how the PTA uses its financial and volunteer resources at Park School