Students love to celebrate birthdays at school, as it is a memorable time to share with teachers and friends. Teachers honor children in the classroom on their special day in a variety of ways. In an effort to abide by the USDA Smart Snack guidelines and to maximize student instructional time, we are asking all parents to follow these simple guidelines when planning for their child's birthday celebration at school.
- Bring in non-food items for classmates, such as pencils, erasers, bookmarks, etc/
- Donate an educational game or book for your child's classroom or school library.
- Donate a ball or jump rope (new or used) to the classroom for recess.
- Healthy individual wrapped snacks (must provide enough for every student in class)
- Provide goodie bags for classmates which can be distributed and taken home at the end of the day (must provide enough for every student in class).
Students should no longer bring in open (cupcakes, cakes etc...) food items for birthday celebrations.
Snack MUST be healthy in nature and individually wrapped for each student (small bag of pretzels, apples, yogurt etc...) This will also assist in helping our students with extreme allergies to be safe at all times.We appreciate your help with this matter!
Egret feels strongly that by following these guidelines, we are promoting a healthy lifestyle and maximizing student learning!
Thanks for helping ALL Raccoons become healthy!!!