Edna Maguire PTA
What does your PTA do?
- Provides enriching programs for students.
- Supports our teachers and school staff.
- Communicates to parents and school community.
- Advocates for our students, teachers and school.
- Organizes school wide events.
- Increases parent involvement.
- Supports development of the campus.
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS & COMMUNITY BUILDING
Art & Science Programs: Organizes and funds Science Fair and Art Show.
Library Books: Funds purchases of new library books and classroom educational books, including a birthday book for each student.
Garden: Funds 100% of garden classroom educator salary, garden maintenance and curriculum activities.
Assemblies: Funds 4-5 educational assembly programs.
Parent Education: Funds and facilitates parent discussion groups.
School Events: Organizes and funds Variety Show, Book Fair, Movie Night, Ice Cream Social, Muffins w/ Moms, Donuts w/ Dads, and Wednesday Pop. Runs Spirit Wear and Yearbook programs.
Communications: Maintains the school website, bulletin boards, marquee and publishes the Edna Weekly.
FACULTY & CAMPUS SUPPORT
STEM Initiatives: Provides classroom teaching grants for cutting edge educational programs.
PE & Recess Equipment: Funds PE and recess equipment purchases.
Safety: Provides emergency supplies for each class and student & Safe Routes for School.
Professional Development: Funds annual teacher development programs.
Principal’s Fund: Provides principal with a discretionary fund to support school and faculty projects.
Campus Enhancement: Funds large and small campus projects- bulletin boards, front marquee, beautification, lost & found.
Teacher Classroom Supplies: Provides each teacher with funds to support their classroom.
District Technology Plan
In order to ensure all students across the District have equitable access to technology, donations for technology (ie: iPads, computers, software) at each school’s PTA are pooled together for the benefit of all students. www.mvschools.org. $100 of your PTA donation goes toward the District Technology Fund.
Benefits of the District Technology Plan
- Allows PTAs to leverage funds by combining equipment orders into volume purchases with better pricing discounts thus allowing PTA money to go further.
- Allowes strategic planning of district purchases and efficient management/maintenance of equipment.
- Provides parents district-wide with consistent and predictable annual contribution requests per child.
Your donation is critical to helping provide $287,000+ in much needed PTA support at Edna! Click here to contribute now! Thank you. Pleasa note, the Edna PTA Tax ID # is 94-6174539.