Edna Maguire PTA Executive Board
Thanks so much for your possible interest in volunteering for Edna's Executive Board. Below is a very high level summary of what each role does is below. You can get more details from the Nominating Committee or PTA Bylaws. Officer roles are for one year only, but incumbents can stay for another year. While all roles are open, we highlight below those jobs for which we do not have an incumbent willing to continue in (for the 2020-21 school year) as there is a more urgent need to fill these. If you want to know more about a role(s) or are interested in one, please contact our Parliamentarian, who heads up the nominating committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- President. Oversees the work of the PTA; presides over all meetings; authorizes payments along with Treasurer; represents Edna at PTA council and district meetings; prepares annual report.
- *Executive Vice President. Serves as the primary aide to the president.
- *Secretary. Takes notes at meetings; prepares minutes of meetings; organizes executive board and association meetings.
- Treasurer. Accounts for the financials; helps prepares the budget; prepares all authorizations for payments.
- Financial Secretary. Accounts for and handles all PTA financial deposits and reports on these to the Treasurer.
- Auditor. Audits the books and financial records twice year.
- Historian. Keeps the historical records; assemble records for the current year; helps prepare the annual report.
- Vice President of Community. Oversees the chairs and events that the PTA sponsors for the school community. (i.e. First Day Fizz, Movie Night, Kindergarten Playdate, Wednesday Pop, Muffins for Moms/Donuts for Dads, Ice Cream Social).
- Vice President of Fundraising. Oversees the chairs and events related to fundraising for the PTA. (i.e. Annual Parent Contribution drive, Party Book, Affiliate and Matching programs).
- *Vice President of Programs. Oversees the chairs of PTA programs. ( i.e. Book Fair, Variety Show, Art Show, PTA Sponsored Assemblies, Mustang Makers Night).
- Vice President of Garden. Oversees events and chairs related to the Garden. (i.e. Craft Faire, Garden Faire, Chickens!, Farmers Market.