Edna Maguire PTA Executive Board
Thanks so much for your possible interest in volunteering for Edna's Executive Board. Below is a very high level summary of what each role does. You can get more details from the Nominating Committee or PTA Bylaws. Officer roles are for one year only, but incumbents can stay for another year. While all roles are open, we highlight below those jobs for which we do not have an incumbent willing to continue for the 2020-21 school year (marked as **) as there is a more urgent need to fill these. If you want to know more about a role(s) or are interested in one, please contact our Parliamentarian, who heads up the nominating committee firstname.lastname@example.org.
- President. Oversees the work of the PTA; presides over all meetings; authorizes payments along with the Treasurer; represents Edna at PTA council and district meetings; prepares an annual report.
- Executive Vice President. Serves as the primary aide to the president.
- Secretary. Takes notes at meetings; prepares minutes of meetings; organizes executive board and association meetings.
- Treasurer. Accounts for the financials; helps prepare the budget; prepares all authorizations for payments.
- Financial Secretary. Accounts for and handles all PTA financial deposits and reports on these to the Treasurer.
- **Auditor. Audits the books and financial records twice a year.
- Historian. Keeps the historical records; assemble records for the current year; helps prepare the annual report.
- Parliamentarian. Assists the president to manage meetings and advises on parliamentary procedure.
- **Communications Chair. In charge of communications between the PTA and the community at large, issues the Edna Weekly
- Vice President of Community. Oversees the chairs and events that the PTA sponsors for the school community. (i.e. First Day Fizz, International Potluck, Cookie Decoration, Movie Night, Kindergarten Playdate).
- Vice President of Fundraising. Oversees the chairs and events related to fundraising for the PTA. (i.e. Annual Parent Contribution drive, Party Book, Affiliate and Matching programs).
- Vice President of Programs. Oversees the chairs of PTA programs. ( i.e. Book Fair, Variety Show, Art Show, PTA Sponsored Assemblies, Makers Night).
- Vice President of Garden. Oversees events and chairs related to the Garden. (i.e. Garden Faire, Chickens!, Farmers Market. )