Mill Valley School District Superintendent
Hello Mill Valley School District Families,
We look forward to welcoming you back to our sites for the 2021-2022 school year! I hope you enjoyed a relaxing summer, and had the opportunity to spend time with family and friends. To all of our returning families, it will be wonderful to see you and your children back on our sites. To all of our new families, I look forward to meeting you in the coming school year. I’m sure you have a number of questions about the year ahead. While we are still awaiting some information from the county regarding health guidelines, we want to share what we do know below.
What You Can Expect in Mill Valley School District in 2021-2022!
- High Levels of Learning for All Students!
- Social Emotional Learning and Wellness
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Click here for more information related to our LCAP!
Health & Safety Plans for the Start of the Year
Our Covid Mitigation Plan for this school year is now available, and is based on Marin Public Health guidelines. The plan includes information on:
- Face Coverings
- Social Distancing
- Illness and Quarantine
- Travel Guidelines
- Vaccination and Testing
Please Note: Guidance is subject to change based on conditions. Marin Public Health is holding a Public Meeting on August 17, 2021 at 1 p.m. We will share a link when available.
- Bell Schedules: Please click here for all site bell schedules.
- Kindergarten: In collaboration with our Kindergarten teachers, we have adjusted our K schedules to ensure a more equitable learning experience by increasing the K day to five hours and thirty minutes, beginning on the first day of school.
- Student Placements and Schedules:
- Elementary: Class placements will be sent to parents via ParentSquare on August 13 at 4 p.m.
- Middle School:
- Aug. 17: 6th Gr. students receive class schedules at WEB Orientation
- Aug. 18: 7th & 8th grade students will pick up class schedules
- Aug. 18: All students at MVMS for picture day on Wednesday
- Park School Principal Substitute: We are fortunate to welcome back Leo Kostelnik (former Edna Maguire Principal) as Substitute Principal for Park School through September beginning on Monday.
- New Middle School Admin Staff: We are pleased to announce our new MVMS admin staff:
- Counselors: We are adding to our counseling team! Every elementary school will have a full time designated counselor to support the Social Emotional needs of our students. We are working on filling our open counseling positions.
- Independent Study: In compliance with Assembly/Senate Bill 130, MVSD’s primary mode of instruction will be in-person instruction, with an option for independent study (IS). MVSD’s option for IS is through an interdistrict agreement with the Novato Unified School District (NUSD) to participate in NUSD’s Virtual Independent Study (VIS) program. For more information, please click here.
- Student Retention: In compliance with Assembly Bill 104, parents/guardians of students enrolled in kindergarten through 11th grade during the 2020-21 school year who received deficient grades for at least one-half of the coursework in 2020-21 may provide a written request to the school principal for a meeting to discuss student retention for the 2021-22 school year.
If you have further questions, please submit them here. We will provide you with any updates when we have them.
Yours in Education,
Dr. Kimberly Berman
Superintendent's OfficeDr. Kimberly BermanSuperintendent(415) 389-7705Beth FogelExecutive Assistant to the Superintendent and Board/Special Projects415-389-7705Anna RussellExecutive Assistant to the Cabinet/Communications Specialist415-389-7724