Facing History and Ourselves Community Sessions
How can all members of the Mill Valley School District nurture inclusive school communities? For the 2021-22 school year, the Mill Valley School District invites parents/guardians who want to better understand key equity issues that affect their children's education to participate in four stand-a-lone 90 minute online Zoom workshops. Each online Zoom workshop will:
- focus on a specific topic about equity in schools
- helps parents/guardians learn why this issue is important
- introduces research and data
- understand how these issues show up in their children's schools
- provide resources and tools parents/guardians can use at home to reinforce these concepts with their children.
The information shared at these workshops is the same information that Mill Valley School District educators are learning this year as part of the district's professional development. No prior experience is required and we welcome everyone who wants to nurture school communities where each student is welcomed and their life experiences recognized.