Local Control and Accountability Plan
The May school board meeting has been changed from May 31st to Wednesday, May 30th at 5pm in the Middle School Library. This will be a Special Meeting & Study Session to present the LCAP.
Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) Summary – 2018-2019
We are very proud of our district’s LCAP developed for the 2018-2019 school year. Intentionally narrow in its scope with a focus on teaching and learning, it carries forward our key initiatives to maintain excellent programs with high quality instructional practices across our schools.
The LCAP is driven by the MVSD Strategic Plan, which serves as the guiding plan for our district. The LCAP’s two goals mirror those of the strategic plan. The LCAP’s seven actions are based upon content from our strategic plan and content from our previous LCAP. Here is a summary of the 2018-2019 LCAP’s goals and actions:
GOAL 1 - BALANCED LEARNERS
All students will learn in an environment that fosters social-emotional well-being, equity, global perspectives and awareness through inquiry and project based instruction.
Action 1 - Social-Emotional Wellness
- Social-emotional learning
- Attributes of the Mill Valley School District Learner Profile
- Counseling support
- Restorative practices at middle school to address disciplinary issues
Action 2 - Academic Achievement
- High-quality instruction in all content areas
- Teachers' use of effective teaching practices and standards-based materials
- Common assessments for reading and math
Action 3 - Differentiation
- Differentiated learning to address academic needs of all students, including gifted learners and/or struggling learners; close the achievement gap with underperforming students
- Academic intervention programs
- After-school homework program at the middle school
Action 4 - Technology
- Technology integration across classrooms
Action 5 - Global Studies
- Trans-disciplinary learning experiences that include perspective taking, investigating the world, communicating effectively, and taking action/engaging in service learning projects
- World language classes at middle school, and pilot of Spanish classes at kindergarten level in fall 2018
- Inquiry-based and project-based learning
Action 6 - Parent & Family Engagement
- Regular, two-way communication with our school communities
- Active engagement between all parents/families representative of all student groups
- District Equity Committee to help engage a broader spectrum of parents and to support our equity work
Action 7 - English Language Development
- Build ELD program to support EL students
- High-quality ELD curricular materials and professional development
- Strengthen parent involvement and communication
- Monitor EL student progress
GOAL 2 - SUPPORTED STAFF
Attract, develop, and retain excellent staff in a quality work environment
Action 1 - Extensive Support for Teachers and Staff
- Target top quartile for staff total compensation
- Staff wellness plan
- Quality curricular resources and effective instructional strategies
- Relevant professional development
- Supporting teachers in pursuits of innovation
- Prioritizing class visits and feedback
In the development of the LCAP, we engaged the community in an ongoing, thorough, and thoughtful process that involved 30+ in-person meetings with various stakeholder groups and by gathering written feedback from online surveys completed by parents, community members and MVSD staff. These stakeholder engagement opportunities offered different viewpoints and a broad spectrum of ideas to be considered for the LCAP, as well as valuable suggestions to enhance the practices in our schools.
With the LCAP and Strategic Plan as the drivers of our work, we look forward to continuing to serve our district’s mission of providing our students with an excellent education that enables all students to achieve academic success and reach their full potential.
- Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) – 2018-2019 Summary
- LCAP Overview - 2018-2019
- LCAP Stakeholder Engagement Process
- LCAP Parent Survey Summary - March 2018
- Draft LCAP 2018-2019 Full Version
- LCAP Goals and Actions - 2018-2019
- LCAP 2017-2018 Full Version
- LCAP Goals and Actions - 2017-2018
LCAP Meeting Presentations
Get to know the LCAP!
For feedback or comments on our LCAP, please click the button below.