What Does the Task Force Do?
Due to the nature of the Covid-19 pandemic, the landscape for our school district is changing from day to day. The district will be preparing a learning plan for the fall that is flexible given the changing facts, adheres to the guidelines of the state and county health departments, and prioritizes the safety and learning outcomes of all of our students. There are myriad ways to structure learning to meet these goals.
MVSD Transition Task Force purpose:
- To contribute to focused conversations related to the impact on our students, teachers, staff, family and community for district leadership and staff to make fully informed decisions that incorporate the perspectives of the full community;
- To focus on students' academic and social emotional needs; and
- To support a transparent and collaborative transition process, ensure a balanced approach, and contribute to improved communication.
To learn more about how the Transition Task Force will work toward these goals, and to keep informed of the progress of the Task Force, please reveiw the Task Force Meeting Agenda outlines, and detailed agenda and notes from each meeting when they are available.
Who Is On the Task Force?
The Transition Task Force is made up of a wide representation of members of our district community. We hope to have the interests of all students, teachers, staff and community members represented during the discussions. Participants include certificated staff from elementary and middle schools, classified staff from elementary and middle schools, principals and administrators, parents, Board of Trustee members and reprentatives from other district supporting organizations.
Task Force Focus Groups
The Task Force established a number of Focus Groups at the first Task Force meeting on June 4. Each Focus Group has been provided with an area of focus and goals. Focus Group will meet on their focus area in meetings June 15-17.
The following Focus Groups will be established:
- Structure for the Return to School - Elementary
- Structure for the Return to School - Middle School
- Summer Learning
- Instructional Approach - Elementary
- Instructional Approach - Middle School
- Social-Emotional Approach
- Community Building
- Student Viewpoint
- Essential Protective Equipment and Safety
Task Force Meeting Schedule
All meetings held 9-10am
Focus Group Meetings will be held June 15-17. Times listed on Focus Group pages.
Detailed Data on COVID-19 in Marin County
California Department of Education
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Marin County Office of Education