Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee Members
*District issued email addresses will be activated by March 23, 2023
Business Community Member
Member of Senior Citizen Organization
Member of Bona Fide Taxpayer Organization
Parent of Child in the District
Melissa Yakal McClatchy
Parent of Child in District & active in PTA
Member at Large
Member at Large
Parent & experience in renewable energy
Parent & experienced interior designer
Parent & experience in project management
Facility Master Plan
On February 2, 2022 the Mill Valley Board of Trustees approved a Facility Master Plan that will guide the development and improvement of district facilities for the next ten years. At the Board Meeting prior to the plan's approval, the district provided a detailed presentation on the proposed plan, which included a description of the plan development process and initial project lists for each district site.
On February 10, 2022, the Board adopted Resolution No. 12-21/22 ordering a school bond election and authorizing the necessary actions to place a bond measure on the June 2022 ballot (“Measure G”). Measure G was placed on the ballot for the June 7, 2022, primary election. Based on the total number of votes cast, over two-thirds of the votes were in favor of Measure G and the District Board of Trustees passed Resolution 04-22/23 declaring Measure G approved at its meeting on September 15, 2022. Also at this meeting, the Board approved Resolution 02-22/23 authorizing the establishment of a Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC). The District will appoint the committee at the November 2022 board meeting.
Mill Valley School District and its Board, based on its 2022 Board meeting schedule, will follow the steps listed below:
June 7, 2023
Board approval of master agreement and project assignment.
May 24, 2023
Board approval of A/E pool.
May 12, 2023
Notice of Intent to award to A/E pool.
May 1, 2023
April 17, 2023
AOR proposal deadline.
March 10, 2023
AOR RFP/Q was released.
March 9, 2023
AECOM provided feedback on the architect pool of record (AOR) Request of Proposal and Qualifications (RFP/Q).
February 9, 2023
MVSD Board approved the contract between AECOM and MVSD.
January 12, 2023
MVSD Board agreed to schedule a meeting with two trustees, legal representation, and district staff to review the Construction Management contract with AECOM before this item comes before the board for approval on February 9, 2023.
December 12, 2022
MVSD Board was asked to approve AECOM as the qualified construction management firm for Measure G Bond projects and authorize future negotiation of contract.
November 21, 2022
Notice of Intent to Award a contract for Construction Management Services.
Week of November 14. 2022
MVSD conducted the interview process to hire Construction Management Services.
November 3, 2022
MVSD Board appointed members to CBOC.
October 17 & 24, 2022
Construction Management Services RFQP Advertisement
October 13, 2022
MVSD Board approved a Request for Qualifications and Proposal (RFQP) for the appointment of Construction Management Services.
September 15, 2022
MVSD Board adopted Resolution 02-22/23 to establish CBOC, and adopted CBOC Bylaws.
September 15, 2022
MVSD Board entered the Measure G election results by the adoption of Resolution 04-22/23;
MVSD began the recruitment and application process of Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) applicants.
February 10, 2022
MVSD Board approved Resolution 12-21/22 ordering an election to authorize the issuance of general obligation bonds, establishing specifications of the election order and requesting consolidation with other elections.
What is a Citizens Oversight Committee?
In accordance with Education Code §§ 15278 through 15282, the Board must establish and appoint members to an independent citizens’ bond oversight committee (“CBOC”) to inform the public concerning the expenditure of Measure G bond revenues. The CBOC will convene public meetings to provide oversight and report on the proper expenditure of bond revenues. As provided for in Section 17528, the Board shall establish and appoint members to the CBOC “within 60 days of the date that the governing board enters the election results on its minutes…”
The composition of the CBOC is governed by statute. Specifically, Education Code section 15282 provides that the CBOC shall consist of at least 7 members who shall service for a minimum of 2 years and for no more than 3 consecutive terms. Membership must consist of the following members:
- A business community member active in a business organization representing the business community within the District;
- A member of a senior citizen’s organization (Examples: AARP, Advocacy groups for senior citizens such as National Council on Aging, Retirement Centers such as various University of California Retirement Centers. Age generally established by groups; 55 is common however AARP is 50);
- A member of a bona fide taxpayer organization (Examples:county taxpayers’ organization, Howard Jarvis Taxpayers’ Assn, California Taxpayers Assn.)
- A parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District;
- A parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District and active in a parent-teacher organization (PTA, PTO); and
- At least 2 at large members
No CBOC member may be compensated and no District employee or official or contractor/vendor/consultant may be a member.
What does the CBOC do?
Purpose of the Committee
- Actively monitor all projects and expenditures approved by the Governing Board
- Provide proper oversight and accountability to ensure that Measure G funds are used as they were intended.
- Report to members of the community on the progress of Measure G
Duties of the Committee
- Ensure bond funds are spent only on projects listed in the Bond Project List and that no funds are used for salaries or general operating expenses.
- Monitor the progress of the bond.
- Receive and review copies of the annual performance and financial audits of bond projects as required by California State law.
- Provide information to the public on the progress of bond projects and expenditure of bond funds.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org