Focus Group: Summer Learning
Questions/Issues to Explore:
- What are the options for providing summer learning opportunities for students?
- What is the level of interest and commitment to summer learning opportunities?
- What are the benefits of summer learning?
- What is the timeline for summer learning?
Potential general scenarios for learning in the fall:
- Traditional Learning: School buildings open with intensive mitigation strategies, student cohorts, and physical distancing
- Hybrid Model: Limited or staggered use of school buildings. May result in alternating schedules and remote learning.
- Remote Learning: Implement remote learning district wide.
The district is planning for all models. However, the model used will be determined based on whether our county is experiencing low, moderate or wide spread of the virus, state and county health guidance, and best practice for the health and safety of students and staff.
Focus Group Reports