What Will the Task Force Do?
Due to the nature of the Covid-19 pandemic, the landscape for our school district is changing from day to day. Over the next two months, the district will be preparing a learning plan for the fall that is flexible given the changing facts, adheres to the guidelines of the state and county health departments, and prioritizes the safety and learning outcomes of all of our students. There are myriad ways to structure learning to meet these goals.
MVSD Transition Task Force purpose:
- To contribute to focused conversations related to the impact on our students, teachers, staff, family and community for district leadership and staff to make fully informed decisions that incorporate the perspectives of the full community;
- To focus on students' academic and social emotional needs; and
- To support a transparent and collaborative transition process, ensure a balanced approach, and contribute to improved communication.
To learn more about how the Transition Task Force will work toward these goals, and to keep informed of the progress of the Task Force, please reveiw the Task Force Meeting Agenda outlines, and detailed agenda and notes from each meeting when they are available.
Who Will Be On the Task Force?
The Transition Task Force will be made up of a wide representation of members of our district community. We hope to have the interests of all students, teachers, staff and community members represented during the discussions. Participants will include certificated staff from elementary and middle schools, classified staff from elementary and middle schools, principals and administrators, parents, Board of Trustee members and reprentatives from other district supporting organizations.
Task Force Focus Groups
The Task Force will establish a number of Focus Groups at the first Task Force meeting on June 4. Each Focus Group will be provided with an area of focus and goals, and will be provided with a Focus Group Worksheet to guide discussions and actions. Focus Group will meet on their focus area outside of Task Force meetings.
The following Focus Groups will be established:
- Structure for the Return to School - Elementary
- Structure for the Return to School - Middle School
- Summer Learning
- Instructional Approach - Elementary
- Instructional Approach - Middle School
- Social-Emotional Approach
- Community Building
- Essential Protective Equipment and Safety