Focus Group: Social-Emotional Approach
Questions/Issues to Explore:
- How can address the social-emotional needs of students during remote learning?
- How can we address the social-emotional needs of students under the potential learning structures for the fall?
- Which potential scenarios provide the most potential for positive social-emotional impacts?
- What social-emotional support for families would best support students?
Potential general scenarios for learning in the fall:
- Traditional Learning: School buildings open with intensive mitigation strategies, student cohorts, and physical distancing
- Hybrid Model: Limited or staggered use of school buildings. May result in alternating schedules and remote learning.
- Remote Learning: Implement remote learning district wide.
The district is planning for all models. However, the model used will be determined based on whether our county is experiencing low, moderate or wide spread of the virus, state and county health guidance, and best practice for the health and safety of students and staff.
Focus Group Reports
Focus Group Meeting Dates
June 4, Full Task Force Meeting
June 16, 11:30am-12:30pm, Social-Emotional Approach Focus Group Meeting
June 18, Full Task Force Meeting
Focus Group Resources
We Are Teachers
SEL Providers Council