Focus Group: Community Building
Questions/Issues to Explore:
- How can we build community during remote learning and in the transition to fall learning?
- What community building activities should be held at the start of the 2020-21 school year?
- What ways can we reimagine our school community?
- How will parents and staff manage childcare?
- How do we encourage safe travel to and from school without a school bus?
Potential general scenarios for learning in the fall:
- Traditional Learning: School buildings open with intensive mitigation strategies, student cohorts, and physical distancing
- Hybrid Model: Limited or staggered use of school buildings. May result in alternating schedules and remote learning.
- Remote Learning: Implement remote learning district wide.
The district is planning for all models. However, the model used will be determined based on whether our county is experiencing low, moderate or wide spread of the virus, state and county health guidance, and best practice for the health and safety of students and staff.
Focus Group Reports