AttendanceDear Mill Valley Families:
Below are some reminders regarding absence protocols:
· At 5, 8, and 11 absences, you will receive a letter discussing your child’s attendance record as well as a copy of Mill Valley School District policy and California State Law regarding attendance.
· At 14 absences, you will receive a letter and will be asked to meet with your child’s principal and teacher to discuss a plan for improving and maintaining attendance.
· At 15 absences related to illness, you will be asked to submit verification from a physician that it has been necessary for your child to be absent.
· At 18 absences, your child’s attendance case may be referred to the District/County Student Attendance Review Board (SARB).
We want to thank you for continuing to plan and organize your calendar so that school attendance is a priority for your child. You can do this by:
· Planning your vacations during the summer months or during school recesses
· Explaining to your child the importance of being on time for school each day
· Making sure your child stays home only when they are sick
· Scheduling appointments for your child before or after school hours
Attendance is important for your child’s learning and the overall success of our schools. We appreciate your help with our district’s positive attendance efforts. Working together, we can provide your child with the outstanding education they deserve every day of the school year.