New Student Registration
& Enrollment Forms
Parents, please read the School Placement FAQs before beginning the registration process.
To register for the current school year, please call 415-389-7712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at the Mill Valley School District Office.
Proof of Age:
- All families will be required to complete a Declaration of Residency and provide 4 proofs of residency at registration;
- Families must notify the District/School when residency changes;
- All families will be required to complete a Declaration of Residency and 4 proofs of residency if they move within the District;
- Students that move and reside outside of the Mill Valley School District boundaries, must immediately register in the District in which they reside.
- All families that rent or lease homes, landlords will be asked to complete a verification form.
An anonymous tip line and email has been established for reporting suspected false residency.
Email: email@example.com Call: (415) 389-7715.
To register, you will fill out the digital registration forms on the online registration portal (click below).
What to Provide:
- Proof of Age (please provide one)
- Certified copy of a birth record or a statement by the local registrar or a county recorder certifying the date of birth
- Immunization record
- Proof of Residency (please provide Declaration & 4 proofs)
ONE of the following documents showing the name and address of the parent, guardian, or caregiver within the District:
o Copy of the deed
o Copy of the most recent mortgage statement
o A fully executed copy of the lease or rental agreement, PLUS
Lessor/Lessee Form completed by Landlord
ONE of the following documents showing the name and address of the parent, guardian, or caregiver within the District. Must be dated within thirty (30) days of school registration documents.
o Marin Municipal Water District
o Mill Valley Refuse/Tamalpais Community Services District/or other local
refuse agency serving residences within district boundaries
o Comcast (cable TV)/Direct TV
o Landline telephone (cell and long-distance service not accepted)
TWO of the following documents showing the name and address of the parent, guardian, or caregiver within the District.
o Valid California Driver's License
o Current Vehicle Registration card
o W-2 form dated within the past year
o Current pay stub
o Property tax bill/payment receipts dated within the past year
o Correspondence from a government agency or Public Assistance
o Bank or credit card statement dated within the past forty-five (45) days
o Dental or medical bill dated within the past forty-five (45) days
- Release of Information Form
- Google Suite for Education Consent Form
- Health Assessment Form
- Dental Assessment Form
- Vaccination Exemption Form
- Last report card and/or state test scores: Students in grades 1 through 8 need a copy of the last report card and/or state test scores (SBAC/CAASPP or equivalent)
Please have these items prepared and scanned. If you do not have access to a scanner, we suggest downloading a free scanner app to digitize your documents or using the camera on your phone. We recommend have access to the files on the device you are using during registration.
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-389-7712.