District English Language Advisory Committee (DELAC)
DELAC is a district-level English Learner Advisory Committee comprised of parents, staff, and community members designated to advise district officials on English learner programs and services. Each California public school district with 51 or more English learners must form a District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) unless the district designates a subcommittee of an existing districtwide advisory committee for this purpose. Parents or guardians of English learners shall constitute the committee's majority membership (51 percent or more).
The DELAC shall advise the school district governing board on at least the following tasks:
- Development of a district master plan for education programs and services for English learners. The district master plan will take into consideration the school site master plans.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Develop a plan to ensure compliance with applicable teacher and/or teacher aide requirements.
- Review and comment on the school district reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
- If the DELAC acts as the English learner parent advisory committee under California Education Code Sections 52063(b)(1) and 52062(a)(2), the DELAC shall also review and comment on the development or annual update of the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP).*
- Wednesday, April 20, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. - Agenda
Past DELAC Meetings:
- Tuesday, January 24, 2023, at Edna Maguire at 3:30 p.m. (meeting combined with the LCAP & Strategic Plan meeting)
- Thursday, October 20, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. - Presentation
- Thursday, April 28, 2022 - 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. - Agenda
- Thursday, March 17, 2022, 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Agenda and Slideshow
- October 21, 2021, 5:00- 6:00 p.m. Agenda and Slideshow
- March 1, 2021 - 5:00 - 6:00 pm Meeting Slideshow/Minutes
- September 15, 2020 - 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Meeting Slideshow/Minutes
- January 21, 2020 - 4:30 - 5:30 pm Meeting Slideshow/Minutes
ELAC and DELAC FAQs