Phone: 415 389-7711 ext 2792
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. Spanish and Art History- San Diego State M.A. Education- Sonoma State University
Ms. Nicol Thebaut
Welcome to Maestra Thebaut's class! I am thrilled to be your Spanish and Introduction to World Languages (wheel) teacher. We are going to have a great year. I have been teaching since 2004 and at Mill Valley Middle since 2013. I love teaching languages and bringing cultures alive in the classroom. My goal is to inspire my students so they will continue on the journey of learning a language.
While studying at San Diego State University, I spent two years abroad in Spain and Italy.There is nothing like immersing yourself in a language and culture! It was an amazing experience that I hope my students will partake in as well. During the summers, I continue to explore new places. I have been all over Mexico, Central America, Europe, North Africa, Vietnam and Turkey. I can't wait to share my experiences and welcome students to share their experiences and perspectives as well.
- Use Target language while speaking, writing, listening, and reading.
- Foster positive attitudes toward language study
- Learn about diverse cultural perspectives
2020 Distance Learning
Procedures and Guidelines for Ms. Thebaut's Classroom
Live office hours via Zoom: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 2:15-2:50pm. Please email to make an appoitment.
- All work is posted in google classroom. It is categorized by week. Grades will be entered in aeries and updated weekly.
Grading, Due Dates, and Turn In Procedures.
- All work has a due date. It is posted in google classroom.
- Points, scores, and credit for assignments will be returned to you via Classroom whenever applicable, but you can track your total points and scores easily by using Aeries Gradebook, which I am continuing to update.
Spanish Classroom Snapshot
In Spanish, a variety of sources are being used to continue and develop language skills. Listening activities will include duolingo podcasts. We will continue to focus on the Sweet 16, which are the most used verbs in Spanish and English for reading and writing. Students are working on how to use the most used verbs in the present and past tense (preterite and imperfect). To build key vocabulary we will continue to use quizlet and songs. In addition we are using fluency matters which is an ebook to read books in Spanish. Culture assignments about art. dance and monuments will also be incorporated.
Wheel Classroom Snapshot
For Wheel, students will learn Spanish the first trimester and French during the second trimester. Each trimester students should learn numbers 1-20, colors, greetings, farewells, the alphabet and common site words. There will also be a culture assignment completed with the school librarian.