For our Extended Distance Learning option, students will utilize the online curriculum program Apex, to engage in lessons and instruction for their courses. This curriculum will be supplemented by additional projects and assignments, taught by 2 credentialed MVMS teachers, Brandolyn Patterson and Kate McLaughlin. These teachers will be the facilitators of the Apex program, as well as hold seminars/discussion classes and office hours. This is not an independent study program.
The key components are:
- 120 synchronous minutes of seminars daily
- Daily participation in Panther Community
- Lunch time that mirrors the hybrid schedule to allow for participation in clubs
- Elective offerings through Apex
- Daily interaction with peers
- 6th, 7th, and 8th grade unit projects
To learn more about Apex, you may watch this video slideshow.
Additioanally, this video will provide more information.