MVMVS has an Emergency Management Plan which establishes the policies and specific procedures for responding to various emergency situations that could occur during school hours, such as an active shooter, earthquake, fire, explosion, storms, intruders, threats, etc. We have a comprehensive plan that establishes roles and responsibilities for each of our staff members in the event of an emergency situation. Our main repsonsibilities include executing shelter-in-place and lockdown procedures, implementing duck and cover procedures in the event of an earthquake, evacuating students in a safe and orderly fashion, providing first aid to injured students, ensuring the safety and and security of students when evacuated, and reuniting students with their families. In the event of a major emergency, the decision will be made by the Superintendent to keep or release students. Be assured that school personnel have been trained to care for your child/children until you are able to pick him/her up. When the decision to release students, it is vital that parents comply with the procedures we have put in place for safe and orderly release of students.
In the Event of an Emergency
- Stay as calm as possible and know that we are trained and ready to respond to an emergency and to take care of students until it is safe and parents and guardians are able to pick up their children
- Do not drive on campus. All areas around the school must be kept clear for emergency vehicles. It is best to park several blocks from school and walk to pick up your child
- Students will be ‘housed’ on the basketball courts nearest the field area by pod area and will be supervised by staff members. We have supplies on hand to meet immediate needs
- When coming to the campus, staff or student helpers will direct you to the Student Release area. It is important that all adults check-in at Student Release so we can ensure the safe release of our students
- It is imperative that parents/guardians cooperate with all public-safety and orange-vested school personnel
If any emergency requires students to remain on campus for several hours after the emergency, proper provisions will be provided. We have food and water in storage in the event of a major emergency. Also, we will be able to provide shelter for and santitation for all students.