Mill Valley Middle School
Physical Education: Grade 7th
Mr. Ryan Odea
Room #85 A
Phone: 415.389.7711 x 2785
Our mission as teachers in Physical Education is to provide our students with the skills and knowledge to maintain a life-long healthy and physically fit lifestyle. Students will be taught different ways to exercise through Aerobic Cardiovascular & Endurance training, Team and Individual Sports related activities.
Students will develop understanding and demonstrate competencies in physical activities for the following categories: team building, cardiovascular fitness, individual and team sports. Students will acquire knowledge and skills appropriate for social development within their community, school, and peer relationships through participation in team oriented activities and personal reflection. The teacher will assess students based on knowledge and demonstration of various skills used in individual fitness activities and team sports.
Expectations and Goals: Be Prompt, Be Prepared, Be Positive, Be Productive
Dress for success. Wear athletic shoes and clothing for exercise. Do Personal Best at all times.
Students earn the following Daily Points (5 points per day):
1.) One point for wearing their MVMS PE Uniform
2.) Two points for Teamwork & Attitude
3.) Two points for Participating in the Class Activities (Warm Up Stretching, Exercises, Team Games/ Drills etc.)
A (95 - 100) A- (90 - 94)
B+ (87 - 89) B (84 - 86) B- (80 - 83)
C+ (77 - 79) C (74 - 76) C- (70 - 73)
D+ (67 - 69) D (64 - 66) D- (60 - 63)
F (0 - 59)
FINAL GRADE = TOTAL POINTS EARNED / TOTAL POINTS POSSIBLE
Example: Joe earns 595 points out of 650 total possible
595/650 = 0.915 Joe receives an 92%, or an A-
Class Expectations, Policies, & Procedures
- Students will be responsible for their actions and personal belongings
- Students will be safe while participating in P.E. activities and exercises
- Students who forget their P.E. uniform will borrow a loaner from the teacher
- Students will be respectful to all students, teachers, and campus staff.
- Students are to put forth their best effort daily on behavior, activities and assignments.
- Students will not enter any classroom, gym or field unsupervised by a teacher
- Students are expected to quietly and timely change in the locker room
- Students will refrain from any and all unacceptable behavior in class (including but not limited to: fighting, foul language, chewing gum, and bullying)
- No food or drinks (water acceptable) in P.E. facilities
- No cell phone use permitted in class
- Students are to bring home and clean P.E. uniforms each weekend
- If a student is unable to participate in P.E. activities a parent may excuse the student for up to three days with a written note addressed to the teacher on the first day excused. For a period longer than three days, parents must provide a doctor’s note that specifies the amount of time a student must be excused.
Intramurals Sports Tournaments @ Lunch
- Organized by grade level (Co-ed)
- Tournament Sign-up's in Daily Announcement Bulletin
- Any questions please see PE team in rooms 84 & 85