Welcome to the MVMS Counseling Support & Resources Page!
The Counseling Department at Mill Valley Middle School is dedicated to assisting students with their academic, social, and emotional needs. Counseling gives students an opportunity to talk about problems they are experiencing and to work on problem-solving in a safe, supportive, and confidential setting. Students can request counseling by dropping a request into the wooden box in the counseling area, asking their counselor directly, filling out our online Counselor Request Form, or by email.
Additionally, parents, teachers, administrators, or other students may refer a student to their school counselor. Parents/guardians are encouraged to contact the counselors if they have concerns regarding their student's academic, social, or emotional development while at Mill Valley Middle School.
Our Counseling Team
The Counseling Department at MVMS is made up of three credentialed school counselors, one per grade level. Students are assigned to their counselor based on their current grade and counselors stay with their students throughout their time at MVMS.
Our counseling services include:
Contact Information:6th Grade Counselor: Erin Sheedy - firstname.lastname@example.org Grade Counselor: Janet Jamesson - email@example.com Grade Counselor: Randi Josephson - firstname.lastname@example.orgAdditional Academic, Social and Emotional Health Resources:
- Collaboration and consultation with students, teachers, families, and other providers to identify strategies to help student(s) in areas of academics, behavior, and social-emotional well-being.
- Serving as a resource in the area of student intervention using researched and evidence-based practices.
- Providing personal counseling on 1:1 basis
- Providing conflict management between students
- Providing targeted small group counseling
- Providing crisis support
- Promoting high school, college & career readiness
- Assisting students in scheduling matters
- Free Peer Tutoring - free local peer tutors
- How to Find A Therapist - tips on finding a provider for your child
- Managing Screentime - a great plan for managing screentime in your house
- Stress Relief for Caregivers and Kids during COVID-19 - CA Surgeon General's playbook
- Smiling Mind - free mindfulness app for the whole family
- Headspace App - another great mindfulness app
- Quick Body Scan - CALM - quick, easy way to calm down when feeling overwhelmed with anxiety
- Helping Kids With Anxiety - tools to help your anxious students at home
- Health, Wellness, and Mindfulness Resources for Home - lots of resources about health and wellness
- Local and National Mental Health Resources - in case of need for outside help or crisis assistance
- 18 Apps to Help Students Stay Focused - apps that can help students struggling to stay focused
- Time Management Apps - helpful tools to stay on top of school work